Red Hot Chili Peppers 2

Red Hot Chili Peppers 2

I haven’t written anything in over a year because helping my husband run our business Spike’s Printing demanded my complete attention. We managed to grow our business exponentially during that time, and we are now a large enough enterprise to employ the full staff we’ve been dreaming about since we bought Spikes 5 years ago. Not having time to paint at all made last year the longest, hardest year of my life; it was a very trying time filled with personal sacrifice. I had to remind myself everyday experts say successful people are characterized by having the capacity to delay personal gratification when needed. So, I’m feeling rather giddy now that I consistently have time to do a little painting on the side again! I even have a few clients lined up who’ve been patiently waiting for me to be available to do portrait work.

Red Hot Chili Peppers 2 is the final installment to a series of red chili paintings that I painted from life with peppers grown in my garden. I feel as though my composition and execution got simpler with each consecutive painting; so that this last painting distills the essence of red hot chili peppers. I’m a great lover of simplicity, and seeing this progression in my work after the year I had is very rewarding.



Comments

Popular Posts